Let’s talk about the week that’s just gone by. It was hectic, with many last minute meetings. When I ended the week on Friday evening, I still had work uncleared. This coming week, I have a major presentation to do on Tuesday evening.
My blood pressure medicine was running out, and I was working out to see when I could go get them from the outpatient clinic. I went on Thursday late morning. Fortunately, it wasn’t a big crowd and I managed to get back to the office after taking my lunch.
Yesterday morning, I went for the Juniors parade. After that, Dennis and I trudged down to Queensway Shopping Centre to get the trophy for the inter-squad games competitions, starting with the bowling this coming Sunday afternoon after the enrolment. I decided to call it the Chak-Neng Shield since captain (Chak Mun) is sharing the cost.
Then we walked over to Anchorpoint, which is a nice place to walk around in after the renovation. We finally ate KFC after trying to decide between Jack’s Place and Subway. Joshua Tan suddenly showed up. I was actually thinking about him since he was doing some design work for an office around there. Dennis and I sat at KFC while he read his Narnia book and I cleared some office emails (the wireless@sg connection there was good).
We walked around in the basement before leaving for ITE Dover for the Adventure Quest closing ceremony. The basement shops had nice décor. We went into Poh Kim shop to look at DVDs, and Dennis kept extolling “American Gangster” (Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe) to me. I bought it finally, because it had 2 versions – the original theatrical release and an extended version.
Read about the Adventure Quest closing ceremony here.
After dinner with MDM and family, and captain, I finally reached home after a long day. I settled down to watch “American Gangster” at about 10.15 pm, thinking that I would be able to finish it by 12.15 am, since it’s about 150 minutes long. But I chose to watch the extended version. I checked at 12.10 am and realized that movie had another hour or so to go – the extended version is about 5 minutes short of 3 hours. I wouldn’t say that it’s a great movie, but interesting enough to keep me from falling asleep. Anyway, I decided to stop watching at that point and went to sleep.
Just came back from a run, and must get ready to go to church after breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment