I was in a reflective mood after attending Jinyi’s wedding lunch last Saturday. I’ve known him since he joined us in the BB when he was in Sec 2. We kept in touch after he graduated from Shuqun Secondary. He paged me when he got his posting into Ngee Ann Poly, and we met up for dinners before he left for Brisbane to continue his studies, and before he left for his training in France.
Last Saturday was the first time I officially met his mother. I was considering whether to attend the wedding, since Jinyi invited only me from the BB. But Dennis told me it was all the more reason that I attend – I should feel very honoured. Thankfully, Jinyi’s cousin Jianzhong was there. Jianzhong was with us in the BB too. He has not changed much. Much like when he was in the BB, he was very late for the wedding lunch. He said he was waiting for his father. He said something that really touched me, and reminded me of the reason for the BB ministry. Jianzhong said he thinks about God, and still reads the Daily Bread.
It was the first time I attended a wedding lunch. It was a simple affair without the usual frills (champagne pouring, yam sengs, thank you speeches). The whole event was over in a little over 2 hours – so unlike the wedding dinners we are all used to.
The next one in line to get married should be Hwaluen. It will be good to meet up with the BB gang if Hwaluen invites more of us.
Here’s the picture I took with Jinyi and his wife Yilian, and Jianzhong. I don’t think I need to put any caption. It is obvious who is who in the picture.
The wedding invitation and table gift (a pair of chopsticks).
No comments:
Post a Comment