Friday, November 23, 2007

Two more days in Tokyo.

Yes, 2 more days and it’s back to Singapore

Today is some kind of religious festival in Japan. Near the hotel, there’s a temple. A lot of people went there to pray this morning. They buy some kind of religious artifact. There’s a place where people dump the artifact. Don’t know what it all means. Outside along the streets, there’s a Japanese pasar malam – almost all food only.

I went to Harajuku and Yoyogi Park today. Unfortunately, didn’t see any Harajuku kids (they dress outrageously and dance on the street there), probably because it’s not a Sunday. Still, the place was really crowded. There’s a shrine next to the Harajuku Station. Some tiny tots were dressed in Japanese traditional kimonos. They looked really cute.

The sun was hot when I left the hotel this morning, so I wore one jacket but brought along another. It got really cold in Yoyogi Park, so I had to put on another one.

Temple in Shunjuku





Japanese pasar malam









Harajuku and Yoyogi Park













Room in Urban Hotel, Shinjuku



Posted by Mr Chin on Friday 23 November 2007, 7.30 pm Tokyo time.

No comments: