Saturday, November 24, 2007

Shinagawa and Asaka

I didn't have any plans today. Met my distant cousin and her daughter in Shinagawa for lunch. Then we went to Daimaru and Takashimaya around the Tokyo Station area because she wanted to buy some gifts for me to bring back to KL.






The last picture is of Nihombashi (or Japan Bridge). Apparently, it is the reference point for the whole of Tokyo. Everything is measured from this bridge.

I came back to the hotel and did the internet check in for my flight back to Singapore on Monday at 7 pm. I thought I would rest for the night.

I talked to my friend Hiroshi on the phone and ended up going to Asaka, where he lives. I thought we would have dinner near the station, but ended up going to his apartment instead. Nice place, but needs some tidying up. He bought sashimi and cooked some rice. Simple dinner. Asaka is a suburban town, really quiet and nice. Very different from Shinjuku. There was hardly anyone on the road.








When we were walking from his apartment to Asaka Station, it was really super cold. The coldest since I came to Tokyo. But when I reached Shinjuku, the temperature was 9 C and didn't feel so cold.

I reached Shinjuku station at 12 midnight. You should see the crowd. Everyone was rushing to catch the last train home. Real exodus.

One more day to sight see, then it's home to Singapore.

Posted by Mr Chin on Sunday 25 November 2007, 1.00 am

No comments: