I went to the BB parade in church, and ended up with a bad headache. It was raining in the morning, and still drizzling when I walked to church. That must be how I got the headache. Dennis and I planned to go somewhere where he can study and I can do my stuff. We didn't in the end - because of my headache, and also because it was almost 2 pm by the time we all went for our lunch.
I went home, popped 2 panadols and rested. Then went for my colleague's daughter's wedding dinner at night at Shangri-la Hotel. It was close to 12.30 this morning by the time I went to bed.
I woke up at 6 am. My body clock just won't let me sleep longer. I lazed around in bed, and got up at 6.30 am to go for my jog.
After the worship, we had our BB cell, where we discussed leadership as an honourable ambition. After lunch, I went to the renovated NTUC Fairprice to buy my stuff for the week, then went back to church to help Gary with his powerpoint for the Life Skill Day Camp this Saturday on the topic of peer pressure. After doing some house work, I went off to the Jurong West Library, where Dennis got places for us. However, when I reached there, I saw the table he was at fully occupied. But I managed to get sofa seats for us. The air-conditioning was really comfortable. Dennis needed a table to write on, so he went downstairs to look, and found what he called a Japanese table, with a power point nearby. Turned out to be a bench for people to sit on.
So he studied, and I did my office email. I managed to read through the October report - so it will be easier for me to clear it tomorrow. Thank God for libraries with nice air-conditioning and power point to charge up my laptop battery.
The air-conditioning got really cold, and we went off at 6 for dinner at Jurong Point. We sat down at the Banquet in the basement, then decided to go to Crystal Jade on the 3rd floor. I thought of the noodles I had the last time I was there with Dekun.
We stopped by at the TS shop on the way up, where an ecstatic Dennis brought a box set of Grey's Anatomy Season Two, going at half price of $39.90. He was truly ecstatic, and got me to take pictures of the set to show the price tag, when we were at Crystal Jade.



We opted for the set dinner for 2. We expected a good dinner, but I was disappointed. Look at the food.
The jelly dish cold dish was totally bland. The soup was made with milk. A clear ordinary Chinese soup would have been better.
The long bean dish was ok, but oily.

The pork ribs - they deep fried it with batter. Totally incomprehensible. As if it wasn't oily enough.

The vegetable buns were cold, and the bun itself was so chewy - chewy, mind you, means it was hard to chew.

At the end of the dinner, I actually thought to myself that I was glad it was over.
Now I am waiting for the laundry to finish washing, before I take my shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment