I watched 3 movies on TV over the CNY, one on HBO and the other 2 on the Celestial movie channel. In KL, the Hong Kong movies come in Cantonese (which I enjoy more), and Mandarin soundtracks.
First, on HBO, I watched Just Like Heaven, starring Reese Witherspoon. I didn’t plan to watch it. My sister was watching it one night after I came down from my shower, and I just joined her. Reese is a spirit in the movie, not really a ghost. I won’t share the plot here. It is a nice movie, although you have to throw away your reasoning for about 90 minutes to enjoy the movie. If you like Lake House, Ghost, and similar movies, you will definitely enjoy this one.

I also watched Protégé and Confession of Pain on Celestial. For some reason, I enjoy watching Andy Lau and Tony Leung. Their acting is so solid. Daniel Wu is good too, in Protégé. Takeshi Kaneshiro gave a very strong performance in Confession of Pain. Protégé is about the drug world, but it has a lot of feeling and compassion. Confession of Pain is totally enjoyable. You will hate me if I gave the storyline and the plot away. It is made by the same team who made Infernal Affairs.


In short, watch the 3 movies if you have the chance.
Besides watching the 3 movies, I also bought 2 DVDs. One is The Warlords (most recent movie starring Andy Lau, Jet Li and Takeshi Kaneshiro). I bought it because it was so incredibly cheap (less than S$10). I also finally bought The New Police Story. I’ve been looking for this DVD for some time. Saw one copy in Singapore some time back but it cost more than S$30. I got it for about S$12 in KL.


It was so hot in KL. Don’t know what the weather was like in Singapore in the last 3 days, but it was windy and cool when I reached home just now.
No comments:
Post a Comment